Travel to the United States
Obtaining a Visa
Conference attendees from outside the United States are urged to begin their visa application early. The waiting time can be long and varies from country to country.
Correct timely information can be obtained at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html
This information includes:
- How and where to get a visa.
- How to obtain estimates of the current waiting time on a country-by-country basis.
- News about special regional situations that may effect your visa application.
Those planning to travel on the Visa Waver Program (VWP)
Warning: Please read the Visa Waver Program page. See above.
In isolated instances travelers to ISSCC with valid visas were denied boarding an airplane to by the airline:
- Because their passport was damaged.
- Because their passport would soon expire.
Standards may vary by country and airline. ISSCC recommends all travelers examine their passports to determine if they are undamaged and that the expiration date is safely beyond the planned travel dates.